In this tutorial we assume that you have signed up for Amazon S3 and downloaded and installed S3 Browser.
When you start S3 Browser for the first time, you will be asked to add a new Amazon S3 account:Add New Amazon S3 Account dialog.
2. Fill out the following fields:
- Account Name - You can assign any name to your Amazon Glacier account. FastGlacier uses it to distinguish one account from another if you work with several accounts.
- Access Key ID - Your Access Key ID. You can find it here:
- Secret Access Key - Your Secret Access Key. You can find it here:
- Encrypt Access Keys with a password - Turn this option on if you want to protect your Access Key ID and Secret Access Key with a master password.
3. Click Add new account.
Now you are ready to start working with S3 Browser.
All files on S3 are stored in top-level containers called a 'buckets'. You need to create at least one bucket before uploading files to Amazon S3. Click here to learn how to create an Amazon S3 Bucket. Use this link to learn more about Amazon S3 Buckets.
Once you have created a new bucket, you can create new folders to organize your files, and upload and download files to and from Amazon S3.
"S3 Browser is an invaluable tool to me as a web developer to easily manage my automated site backups" -Bob Kraft, Web Developer
"Just want to show my appreciation for a wonderful product. I use S3 Browser a lot, it is a great tool." -Gideon Kuijten, Pro User
"Thank You Thank You Thank You for this tool. A must have for anyone using S3!" -Brian Cummiskey, USA