With S3 Browser Freeware you can easily restore and download files that are stored with GLACIER storage class.
You can restore one or multiple files or folders.
To download files from Amazon Glacier:
1. Select the files you want to restore, right click and choose Restore from GlacierRight click on files you want to restore and choose Restore from Glacier
Restore Files from Amazon Glacier dialog will open:Restore Files from Amazon Glacier Dialog
2. Specify how long restored files will be available for download.
3. Click the Restore button.
S3 Browser will initiate restore for files you selected.
4. Wait from 4 to 5 hours before files will be available. Then you can download them using standard procedure.
To check the status of restore operation:
1. Select the file and open Properties tabHow to check the status of restore operation:
2. Storage Class row shows the status of restore operation.
"S3 Browser is an invaluable tool to me as a web developer to easily manage my automated site backups" -Bob Kraft, Web Developer
"Just want to show my appreciation for a wonderful product. I use S3 Browser a lot, it is a great tool." -Gideon Kuijten, Pro User
"Thank You Thank You Thank You for this tool. A must have for anyone using S3!" -Brian Cummiskey, USA