AWS GovCloud (US) is an isolated AWS Region designed to allow US government agencies and customers to move sensitive workloads into the cloud by addressing their specific regulatory and compliance requirements.
The following GovCloud regions are supported for now:
- Amazon S3 GovCloud Storage (FIPS-140-2)
Endpoint: s3-fips-us-gov-west-1.amazonaws.com (uses FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic modules to support compliance with FIPS 140-2)
- Amazon S3 GovCloud Storage
Endpoint: s3-us-gov-west-1.amazonaws.com (non-FIPS alternative for Amazon S3)
With S3 Browser you can easily start working with Amazon S3 GovCloud region.
To connect to GovCloud Region:
Please note: to start working with GovCloud Region you need to contact AWS GovCloud (US) Region business representative and go through approval process.
1. Start S3 Browser and click Accounts -> Add New Account.Click Accounts -> Add New Account
Add New Account dialog will appear:Add New Amazon S3 GovCloud Account dialog.
2. Choose the Account Type:
- Amazon S3 GovCloud Storage (FIPS-140-2) if you need compliance with FIPS 140-2.
- Amazon S3 GovCloud Storage for non-FIPS alternative.
3. Specify your Access Key Id and Secret Access Key
4. Turn on Encrypt Access Keys with a password if you would like to protect your Access Keys with a master password
5. Click Add new account
You can now choose the newly added account from the accounts menu:Click Accounts -> Account Name to switch between accounts.
"S3 Browser is an invaluable tool to me as a web developer to easily manage my automated site backups" -Bob Kraft, Web Developer
"Just want to show my appreciation for a wonderful product. I use S3 Browser a lot, it is a great tool." -Gideon Kuijten, Pro User
"Thank You Thank You Thank You for this tool. A must have for anyone using S3!" -Brian Cummiskey, USA