With S3 Browser Freeware you can easily copy and move files between accounts.
Below you will find detailed instructions exlaining how to copy/move files from one Amazon S3 account to another.
In order to copy files from one Amazon S3 account to another, you need READ access to the source bucket and WRITE access to the destination bucket.
Check out the links below for more information about granting acces to your bucket:
- How to grant access to your bucket for another AWS account.
- How to connect to the bucket shared by another Amazon S3 user.
If Account A needs to copy file from their bucket (source-bucket) to the bucket that belongs to Account B (destination-bucket), the typical steps are:
1. Account B grants access to the destination-bucket for Account A.
2. Account A adds destination-bucket via the External Bucket feature.
3. Account A navigates to the source bucket and selects files and/or folders they want to copy or move.
4. Account A clicks Files->Copy if they need to copy these files or click Files->Cut if they need to move these files.Select files and folders you want to copy or move between accounts and click Files, Copy or Files, Cut
5. Account A navigates to the the destination-bucket (external) and clicks Files->Paste to copy or move files to the destination bucket.Open the destination (external) bucket and click Files->Paste, you may also use the Ctrl+V keyboard shortcut.
S3 Browser will start copying or moving files. You may track progress on the Tasks tab and via the Event log.
When all files will be copied, The Files table will be refreshed:All files were successfully copied between accounts
If you need to copy large amount of files, this operation may take a while. You may significantly speed up file copying with S3 Browser Pro. It supports multiple working threads, making the whole process way faster.
How to Copy/Move Files and Folders from One Amazon S3 Bucket to Another
How to clone an S3 Bucket. Copy all files from one Amazon S3 Bucket to another.
"S3 Browser is an invaluable tool to me as a web developer to easily manage my automated site backups" -Bob Kraft, Web Developer
"Just want to show my appreciation for a wonderful product. I use S3 Browser a lot, it is a great tool." -Gideon Kuijten, Pro User
"Thank You Thank You Thank You for this tool. A must have for anyone using S3!" -Brian Cummiskey, USA