Amazon S3 Buckets - Quick Overview
- Every file you upload to Amazon S3 is stored in a container called a bucket.
- Before you start working with Amazon S3 you have to create at least one bucket.
- The bucket namespace is shared by all users of the system; therefore each bucket name should be unique.
- You can create up to 100 buckets per account. Each bucket can contain an unlimited number of files.
- Buckets cannot be nested, you can not create a bucket within a bucket.
"S3 Browser is an invaluable tool to me as a web developer to easily manage my automated site backups" -Bob Kraft, Web Developer
"Just want to show my appreciation for a wonderful product. I use S3 Browser a lot, it is a great tool." -Gideon Kuijten, Pro User
"Thank You Thank You Thank You for this tool. A must have for anyone using S3!" -Brian Cummiskey, USA