How to Create New Amazon S3 Bucket
S3 Browser Freeware allows you to easily create Amazon S3 Buckets in all regions supported by Amazon S3: US Standard, US-West (Northern California), US West (Oregon), EU (Ireland), Asia Pacific (Singapore), Asia Pacific (Tokyo, Japan), South America (Sao Paulo), Asia Pacific (Sydney). To create a Bucket, just follow these simple step by step instructions.
To create a new Amazon S3 Bucket:
1. Click Buckets ->Create New BucketYou can also use Ctrl+N keyboard shortcut to create a new Amazon S3 Bucket.
Create New Bucket dialog will appear:Create New Bucket dialog allows you to enter new bucket name and specify bucket location.
2. Enter unique bucket name (bucket namespace is shared among all buckets from all of the accounts in S3)
3. Choose bucket location:
- US Standard - Uses Amazon S3 servers in the United States. This is the default Region.
- US-West (Northern California) - Uses Amazon S3 servers in Northern California.
- US-West (Oregon) - Uses Amazon S3 servers in Oregon.
- Europe(Ireland) - Uses Amazon S3 servers in Ireland.
- Asia Pacific (Singapore) - Uses Amazon S3 servers in Singapore.
- Asia Pacific (Japan) - Uses Amazon S3 servers in Tokyo, Japan.
- Asia Pacific (Sydney) - Uses Amazon S3 servers in Sydney, Australlia.
- South America (Sao Paulo) - Uses Amazon S3 servers in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
4. Click OK
New Amazon S3 Bucket will be created. Your new bucket will appear in the list.New Bucket 'reports-and-invoices' was successfully created.
Once you have created a new bucket, you can create the folders to organize your files, and upload and download files to and from Amazon S3.
"S3 Browser is an invaluable tool to me as a web developer to easily manage my automated site backups" -Bob Kraft, Web Developer
"Just want to show my appreciation for a wonderful product. I use S3 Browser a lot, it is a great tool." -Gideon Kuijten, Pro User
"Thank You Thank You Thank You for this tool. A must have for anyone using S3!" -Brian Cummiskey, USA