New Bucket Sharing Wizard allows you to create IAM users and share Amazon S3 Buckets with just two clicks.
It eliminates complexity of creating users and keys manually as well as writing complex policies and rules.
All you need is to select the bucket you want to share and check permissions you want to grant. S3 Browser will do the rest: create new IAM user, create Access Key ID and Secret Access Key, write and apply IAM Policy script.
A few simple steps to create new user and share an S3 Bucket with them (video tutorial) :
1. Click Buckets -> Bucket Sharing Wizard
Click Buckets -> Bucket Sharing Wizard to open Bucket Sharing Wizard
Bucket Sharing Wizard dialog will appear:
Simple Bucket Sharing Wizard. Select the bucket, type new user name and select permissions
2. From drop-down list select the bucket you want to share. If you want to create new bucket, type a bucket name in the text-box. It will be created automatically. You can also specify folder after the bucket name, i.e. bucket-name/folder-name/
3. Type a name for the new user. User name should be alphanumeric and may contain the following characters:_+=,.@-
4. Select permissions you want to grant and click Create new user and apply permissions
5. Wait a second or two, S3 Browser will create new IAM User and S3 Bucket (if necessary), then it will create new Access Key ID and Secret Access Key for the user and apply IAM Policy based on the permissions you specified.
New user created and received permissions you have specified:
New IAM user created. Save Access Key ID and Secret Access Key!
Save Access Key ID and Secret Access Key! For security reasons there is no way to restore them later.
Now you can send Bucket Name and Access Key ID and Secret Access Key to another user.
He or she will be able to connect to the shared Bucket using these simple instructions.
Check IAM Access Manager if you need advanced management features for Users and Policies.